Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Thomas E. Dukes" <ed...@palmetto.dnsalias.net> on 2003/04/10 04:47:29 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] .cgi/apache problems: SOLVED (Almost)

I got part of it running, the main page. But when I try to access a
category I get Error 403 - Forbidden.  Here's a snippet of the log file:

[Wed Apr 09 22:12:04 2003] [error] [client 10.10.0.2] Options ExecCGI is
off in this directory:
/home/www.palmettoshopper.com/html/classifieds/classifieds.cgi

I don't know if this is the problem, but I have just about every files
set to 775 or 777, so I thought it must be in the virtual host
statement.

<Directory "/home/www.palmettoshopper.com/html/cgi-bin/classifieds/">
  Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

I have played with different variations of the path but still can't get
it to work.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Palmetto Shopper
http://www.palmettoshopper.com
Serving all of South Carolina and beyond!

RE: [users@httpd] .cgi/apache problems: SOLVED

Posted by "Thomas E. Dukes" <ed...@palmetto.dnsalias.net>.
This is strange.  It is now working!!  This time I'm sure.

What's strange is that I was restarting apache using: service httpd
restart

But, I re-booted and now, everything works!

Would that be a 'bug' in RedHat?

Again, _THANKS_ for your help!!!

Posted by "Thomas E. Dukes" <ed...@palmetto.dnsalias.net>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.