Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Fabien Couble <fa...@capgemini.com> on 2006/07/31 09:50:57 UTC

[AXIS 2] WS-addressing module

Hi everybody,

I have to adapt the WS-addressing module in order to make it WS-Management compliant. That's why I'd like to have your point of view.
In fact, the WS-Management specification adds two attributes to the WS-addressing header.
It is the attributes wsman:ResourceURI and wsman:SelectorSet.
I have analysed the WS-Addressing Module and I'd like to know if you agree with me.
To add these two attributes I have to modify the class org.apache.axis2.client.Options (add the getter/setter).
And then modify the two classes: org.apache.axis2.handlers.addressing.AddressingInHandler and org.apache.axis2.handlers.addressing.AddressingOutHandler
In the first class, I should add a method to extract the two attributes and put them in an Option structure.
In the second one, I should add the attributes from the Option structure to the SOAP message.

For me, these are only these things to do...
Am i right??
Any comment is welcome!
Thx for your help!
Fabien

Re: [AXIS 2] WS-addressing module

Posted by Fabien Couble <fa...@capgemini.com>.
Thx Paul
I didn't know that...
Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Fabien

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Fabien,

I think you got the point, but let me add couple things to this.

First, about where to put the code to extracting the two parameters from
the message and putting them back to the SOAP message.

1. You can put the code in AddressingHandlers, but with a flag to
indicate whether WS-Management is enabled or not. Your code will
basically work when the flag is on. But I feel this is kind of not that
elegant as this pollutes the WS-A code with some other code. Remember I
didn't say I didn't like it :)

2. You can add two handlers one in IN path and the other in the OUT path
so that they will do the necessary things once invoked.  This approach
will make sure you do not pollute the WS-A code.

I prefer the second approach if that can be done :).

-- Chinthaka