Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Clint Morgan <cl...@troove.net> on 2009/01/21 19:35:37 UTC

Re: ANN: hbase-0.19.0 Release Candidate 2 (WAS -> Re: ANN: hbase-0.19.0 Release Candidate 1)

+1. Ran our tests on top of hbase, used it in our dev environment for the
last few days.

Schedule Announced - HBase Hackthon LA

Posted by Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>.
We have announced a tentative schedule for the upcoming Hackathon in Los
Angeles on January 30th and 31st.

Please let me know if you have other issues/topics you'd like to talk about
that are not currently on the schedule.

You can get more information here:
http://www.meetup.com/hbasela/calendar/9450876/

If you are planning to attend, please RSVP so I have a solid headcount.

Proposed Schedule:

9:00AM - 11:00AM
Bagels and coffee

11:00AM - 12:00PM
Introductions, Schedule

12:00PM - 12:30PM
Jean-Daniel Cryans and Nitay Joffe on Zookeeper (HBASE-546)

12:30PM - 2:00PM
Random-Access Discussion
- Introduction to issues involved
- Erik Holstad on Cell cache (HBASE-80)
- George Porter on short-circuiting DFS reads (HADOOP-4801)
- In-Memory tables, TTL cache (HBASE-1011)

2:00PM - 2:30PM
Michael Stack on TFile (HBASE-61)
- Side-effects, Implementation, Migration plan

2:30PM - 3:00PM
Scaling Discussion
- Async I/O (HADOOP-3856), "Too many open files", etc

3:00PM - 3:30PM
API Discussion
- Andrew Purtell on C/C++ Client Library (HBASE-1015)
- Michael Stack on New API (HBASE-880)

3:30PM - 4:30PM
Chris Wensel on Cascading

4:30PM - 6:00PM
Discussion of other issues
- Please post any other issues you'd like to discuss with the group!

6:00PM - ???
Hack, Drink, Repeat

Saturday, January 31
All Day Hacking...

JG

Re: ANN: hbase-0.19.0 Release Candidate 2 (WAS -> Re: ANN: hbase-0.19.0 Release Candidate 1)

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Vote passes.  Will post the release later today.
St.Ack