Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Isaac Chiang <is...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 12:03:35 UTC

Re: Ruby dev wanted

Hi Sebastien,
       I've read the ruby client project by Chips. It's pretty looks like
I'm doing now for _https://github.com/isaacchiang/cloud_ruby. Please have a
look. I believe there are
some code segments that would be helpful to the rOCCI driver. I need more
advice to
the rOCCI project, thanks.

Regard

Isaac

Re: Ruby dev wanted

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 19, 2013, at 7:26 AM, Isaac Chiang <is...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>           Chip's cloudstack_ruby_client is almost ready (waiting for
> second time pull request). I'll spend some time on rOCCi in next few weeks.
> Currently I still can't have the pictures of what exactly the rOCCi is
> doing. I'll try to find myself more use cases. Thanks for the provided
> information.

The best might be to have a look at the OCCI Opennebula documentation:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:occicg

OCCI is a cloud computing standard defined by OGF.  Similar to CIMI but a different standard :)

Basically instead of making calls to the CloudStack API, which is not an official standard, users could use an OCCI client to manage their cloud (basic functionality being to start/stop vms).  This means that CloudStack needs to expose a service that answers to OCCI standard requests. With rOCCI we can deploy a server side by side with CloudStack mgt server. The OCCI requests would get to that server and then be forwarded to the CloudStack mgt API server thanks to the driver that you can write :)

It is a similar idea to the AWS interface in CloudStack.

Does that make more sense ?

Re: Ruby dev wanted

Posted by Isaac Chiang <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastien,

Re: Ruby dev wanted

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ruby dev wanted

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 10:05:13PM +0800, Isaac Chiang wrote:
> Hi Chip,
>
>         I just sent the pull request for the cloudstack_ruby_client on
> Github. Please have a look!
> I did some restructure works, let me know if you have any concerns, thanks.
>
> Regards
>
> Isaac

Looks great Isaac.  I merged the changes and pushed a 0.1.0 gem.

Re: Ruby dev wanted

Posted by Isaac Chiang <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chip,

Re: Ruby dev wanted