Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Spaghettirocker <sp...@googlemail.com> on 2012/11/26 22:52:41 UTC

Setting the TimeToLive parameter via Ajax?

Hi there,

I am using the activemq ajax interface to send messages.

I've searched for it quite a long time now, but is it possible to set the
JMSTimeToLive value with the ajax interface?

The function amq.sendMessage(myDestination,myMessage); doesn't seem to have
a TimeToLive parameter?

Is there a way to set it via Ajax?

I've tried to set it with an URL parameter, but it didn't work.

Tried it like this "<amqurl>?JMSTimeToLive=10000"

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Rlf

Re: Setting the TimeToLive parameter via Ajax?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

as far as I can see it, there's a

var sendJmsMessage = function(destination, message, type, headers)

method, so you should be able to provide a custom header for the
message. The servlet expects JMSExpiration header, so it's not time to
live but the timestamp when the message expires.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac