Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Pawan Preetsingh Gandhi <pg...@sapient.com> on 2008/07/07 13:49:22 UTC

Continuum | slightly less reactive CI tool

>From this link for Continuum,
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2006/jw-1101-ci.html

In the current version, however, Continuum does not actively query SCM
servers to detect updated source code, which results in a slightly less
reactive CI tool than one such as CruiseControl, which can do this.

Does this mean that Continuum is not able to poll the SCM, but it will
just run periodically according to scheduled time, means suppose if we
mentioned 1 hr. it means even if we did code change after 30 min, but it
will do an SCM update and run the build exactly after one hour, where
Cruise Control has all capabilities.

So is it not better to use CruiseControl instead of Continuum.

Thanks
Pawanpreet Singh
Sr Associate Platform - L1 | Sapient
Mobile: +91.9958478776

Continuum | Inter project dependencies

Posted by Pawan Preetsingh Gandhi <pg...@sapient.com>.
Hi All,

Could any body let me know that whether Inter project dependencies are
possible using Continuum tool. If it is not providing it, does Luntbuild
provide it.

-Pawan

Re: Continuum | slightly less reactive CI tool

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
If you think 1h is to high, you can reduce it to what you want in the
scheduler page

Emmanuel