Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2011/05/31 23:19:34 UTC

0.12 release update - upcoming dates

Hi, folks.  Here are some of the upcoming dates for the 0.12 release
of Qpid.

  - 3 March - 0.12 trunk opened
  - 15 June - 0.12 alpha (in a little over 2 weeks)
  - 28 June - 0.12 beta
  - 27 July - Target date for the final 0.12 release candidate

The alpha date is the deadline for landing major features.  Said
features must be functionally complete, with all distribution-related
integration complete.

After the alpha, we may still be able to accept a new feature, but it
must be something (a) quite small or (b) isolated from the other code.
In addition, it must not change the existing distribution artifacts in
any significant way.

With the beta, we will create the 0.12 release branch, and 0.14
development can then begin on trunk.

The release page[1] has links to the jiras for 0.12 and an overview of
the schedule.

Thanks!
Justin

---
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.12+Release

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: 0.12 release update - upcoming dates

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Aidan/Justin,

That was precisely what I was hoping for :)
Any ways I have a bunch of patches and it will take till friday to get
them in completely.
I will try to post them as soon as possible in review board say end of
wednesday.
Based on that lets make a call about what items can be approved or not.

Rajith

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Ok, thanks Justin.

The review process picked up some problems and I understand Cliff Jansen
is working on these. For some odd reason I'm not seeing Cliff's review
updates though.

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.