Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Anthony J. Biacco" <ab...@formatdynamics.com> on 2011/07/20 20:15:41 UTC

thread name in extended access log valve

I was using AccessLogValve in Tomcat 7 and am now starting to play with
ExtendedAccessLogValve, but can't find an equivalent to AccessLogValve's
%I identifier.
Is there one?

Thanks,

-Tony
---------------------------
Manager, IT Operations
Format Dynamics, Inc.
P: 303-228-7327
F: 303-228-7305
abiacco@formatdynamics.com
http://www.formatdynamics.com

Re: thread name in extended access log valve

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/7/21 Anthony J. Biacco <ab...@formatdynamics.com>:
> No biggie. Wish I knew more java than hello world to help with a patch.
> Heck, I didn't even know about the extended valve until I read the
> 7.0.19 changelog and then docs.

Create an enhancement request in bugzilla. Maybe somebody will take a
look at it.

Formally the Extended AccessLog Valve follows the log format specified
by W3C in http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-logfile.html

Apparently the log format allows application-specific log field
identifiers, if those are prefixed with "x-".  So something like
"x-thread" should be fine.

BTW,
1) maybe you can use a filter or valve to add an attribute to the
request that contains thread name, and then print it using x-R(name)

2) async requests can be processed by several threads. Apparently
AccessLogValve will print the name of the last thread that was
processing this request.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

RE: thread name in extended access log valve

Posted by "Anthony J. Biacco" <ab...@formatdynamics.com>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.