Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de> on 2009/02/06 15:22:12 UTC

ReturnPath, Habeas, BondedSender -- are you listening to complaints?

ReturnPath and acquisitions, hope that triggered your attention. I know
you're reading this list. ;)

There are a few bugs filed to remove any negative score for rules
concerning your various services. Bottom line of all of them is, to do
just that in case you fail to police your customers to obey to your
rules. The most important issue that has been mentioned repeatedly is
the lack of *any* way to report abuse -- by regular humans. I'm not
talking ESP here.

There's no abuse address to find anywhere for SA users.

So, where am I supposed to send my proof of a bad customers of yours?
Personally, I'd prefer you providing the addresses on your web sites.
Clearly, the occasional dropping of an address *after* the user filed a
bug against SA is not the way to go. Wonder how many complaints go
un-reported, because the SA user couldn't find out where to send it to,
leaving a bad impression...

FWIW, I'm +1 to disable them by default in SA, *unless* there is an
obvious feedback path for SA users.

Yes -- I got a bad customer right here in my Inbox, approved by Habeas
and BondedSender. I'd like to tell you, so you can provide a worthwhile
service. If only I would know where to send it to.

Re: ReturnPath, Habeas, BondedSender -- are you listening to complaints?

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.
On 2/6/2009 3:22 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
  > FWIW, I'm +1 to disable them by default in SA, *unless* there is an
> obvious feedback path for SA users.

FWIW +1 with/without an abuse address.

Any commercial service's negative scoring rules bound to network rules
should be disabled by default.