Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/13 20:32:20 UTC

[Android] CordovaWebView update - Please provide feedback!

Hey

Due to the 1.6.1 appearing, I have serious concerns about getting
CordovaWebView into 1.7.  It's starting to come together in past couple of
days, and I currently have 11 tests failing on ICS in mobile-spec in the
CordovaWebView.  However, I have a bunch of native functionality that I
need help with, as well as a nasty blocker when I test it the old fashioned
way with DroidGap that I need to figure out.  I really need people to start
looking at the existing code in CordovaWebView and to help work on it.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-android.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/CordovaWebView

Also, if you are looking to get involved in the Android development, please
feel free to submit patches to this. It's important to me that we try to
get this done this month, since I won't have as much time to work on this
next month, and it's also important that everyone agrees with the
architecture changes that have been done so far.  Remember, if you write
plugins for Android, this patch affects you!!  I can't stress this
enough!!!!

If you find bugs with this code, please put them in the JIRA and I'll
attach them as subtasks here.  This is currently a blocker for us!

Joe

Re: [Android] CordovaWebView update - Please provide feedback!

Posted by Bryce Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
I can help, but am swamped this month - next month looks better.  I'd
be fine with delivering this in 1.8, since a change of this magnitude
will need serious testing to ensure apps written to existing 1.6.0
level code continues to work.