Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Khanh Nguyen <ng...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/22 06:33:26 UTC

configure EBS volume size for ebs-instance

Hi,

I used an ebs image (ami-1aad5273) to launch a Cassandra cluster and
downloaded a 4Gb zip file from S3 to my instances. I ran into not
enough disk error when I tried unzipping the data. How do I specify
the size of the ebs volume in my configuration file? Thanks.

Regards,

-k

Re: configure EBS volume size for ebs-instance

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Whirr does not have this feature. Please open an issue so that we can
add it later.

It's going to take some time because, as far as I see, jclouds, the
underlying library Whirr uses, does not have this feature either.

Here you can find a possible workaround that you can use to resize the
EBS root device:
http://alestic.com/2010/02/ec2-resize-running-ebs-root

Have you considered using larger instances with ephemeral storage?

Cheers,

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro