Posted to students@community.apache.org by Reshmi Raji <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/08 19:04:02 UTC

Pilot Mentoring Programme with India ICFOSS - Mentor Request Ma

Hi

 My first mail got posted on mailing list(
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mahout-dev/201307.mbox/browser) on
6 th of this month.But again in between Jenkins build errors are found on
mailing list . I used to get all updates. Till now no mentors has responded
to my request.
Now what shall I do?
Can I have any hope that someone will help me?
In my Proposal what shall I mention in the place of Mentors Name?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Reshmi Raji,
Master Of Science-Information Technology,
Indian Institute Of Information Technology And Management-Kerala ,India.

Re: Pilot Mentoring Programme with India ICFOSS - Mentor Request Ma

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Reshmi Raji <re...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>>  My first mail got posted on mailing list(
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mahout-dev/201307.mbox/browser)
>> on
>> 6 th of this month.But again in between Jenkins build errors are found on
>> mailing list . I used to get all updates. Till now no mentors has
>> responded
>> to my request.
>> Now what shall I do?
>> Can I have any hope that someone will help me?
>> In my Proposal what shall I mention in the place of Mentors Name?
>>

>> --
>

> Remember that last week was a long holiday weekend, where lots of people
> would be on vacation for the whole week. As I mentioned before, although we
> encourage students to work on their own ideas, it's usually harder or at
> least poses a bit more work as the students have to convince the project
> and the mentor to take the idea.
>
> Also, have you done any research to make sure the algorithm is not yet
> available in Mahout ? I was doing a quick search on the internet, and found
> some slides [1] which mention that Mahout might already have an
> implementation of the algorithm (slide 19 and then slide 38).  Anyway,
>  this is something the Mahout dev community needs to answer to you...
>
> You might want to have a backup plan (e.g. another possible project), in
> case you can not find a mentor for this or the feature is already available
> in Mahout.
>

> [1]
> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CE4QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.cs.wpi.edu%2F~cs525%2Fs13-MYE%2Flectures%2F6%2FHadoopAnalytics.pptx&ei=NfbaUY2lNIrU8wTmtoDYDA&usg=AFQjCNGfvCQGDrY-yVBugWaj5N0ood6T2Q&sig2=BEgIRv_a1mpbuwMkM88p-w

How are things going Reshmi ?

Were you able to research if Mahout already have an implementation of
the algorithm you were planning to get implemented as part of your proposal
?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Pilot Mentoring Programme with India ICFOSS - Mentor Request Ma

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.