Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by WXR <47...@qq.com> on 2013/07/01 02:47:32 UTC

Re: How to migrate all volumes from one primary storage to anotherone?

Thank you.I have found the button.
And now my question is how to migrate all templates and snapshots from one secondary storage to another.I try to modify the template_host_ref table in mysql,but cloudstack can not work correcly after modifying.

From:  "Geoff Higginbottom"<ge...@shapeblue.com>;
Date:  Sat, Jun 29, 2013 06:39 PM
To:  "<us...@cloudstack.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: How to migrate all volumes from one primary storage to anotherone?

To migrate a Root volume simply stop the VM

The button which migrates Hosts when the VM is running becomes a migrate storage button when the VM is stopped

You have to be a Root admin to do this.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>| M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> |www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

On 29 Jun 2013, at 07:46, "WXR" <474745079@qq.com<http://qq.com>> wrote:

In cloudstack 4.1 UI,I can see a button which can migrate a volume from one primary storage to another,but the volume must not belong to any instance.So at least the root disk volume can not be migrated.

If I want to migrate all volumes from one primary storage to another,what should I do?

And the same question about secondary storage.
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: How to migrate all volumes from one primary storage to anotherone?

Posted by Ryan Lei <ry...@cht.com.tw>.
For migrating secondary storage, currently you can only modify MySQL by
brute force.
Follow the instructions in the OLD 3.0.x doc:
http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/30167-102-685359/CloudStack3.0.0_3.0.2AdminGuide.pdf

Sections: "Changing the Secondary Storage IP Address" and "Changing
Secondary Storage Servers"

Yu-Heng (Ryan) Lei, Associate Reasearcher
Chunghwa Telecom Laboratories / Cloud Computing Laboratory
ryanlei@cht.com.tw<https://email.cht.com.tw/owa/redir.aspx?C=-wE1FEC3G0SWYpVkiWo8SsDdf3ZqO9AIuAPTzRnFYCUi-z4YljtI_hyVKkNHfn9F1Bn-vUWJnQ4.&URL=mailto%3aryanlei%40cht.com.tw>
or
ryanlei750328@gmail.com