Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by JT <jt...@163.com> on 2020/03/06 09:19:36 UTC

Could you please add more information in PR?

Hello guys,

I have been working on weekly PR reports for several months, and I have to say some PRs are just too brief for someone to understand what is going on. I may have to read the code changes carefully to find out, but I certainly do not have that time.

So could you please use more specific titles and descriptions in the PRs so it would be easier for other people to understand your work. Here are some questions to answer that would help you make the PR more understandable:
1. What is the symptom of the bug
2. What causes the bug
3. Which module/package/class does the bug involve
4. Why there is a performance issue
5. How do you find it out
6. How do you fix it
7. What are the code quality issues (why is not the old code okay, just name some)
8. What is the performance improvement if your goal is to improve it

Many thanks,

Tian Jiang

Re: Could you please add more information in PR?

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
big +1.
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University