Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com> on 2007/03/05 11:08:50 UTC

wsdl2java build error

After an svn update I am seeing these errors in wsdl2java:

 T E S T S
Running org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdl2java.processor.WSDLToJavaMIMETest
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.873 sec
Running org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdl2java.processor.WSDLToJavaProcessorTest
 C:\svn\main\cxf\tools\wsdl2java\target\test-classes\org\apache\cxf\tools\common\resources\org\apache\hello_world_soap_http\BadRecordLitFault.java:22:
package javax.xml.ws does not exist
 import javax.xml.ws.WebFault;
                     ^
 C:\svn\main\cxf\tools\wsdl2java\target\test-classes\org\apache\cxf\tools\common\resources\org\apache\hello_world_soap_http\Greeter.java:22:
package javax.jws.WebParam does not exist
 import javax.jws.WebParam.Mode;
                           ^
 C:\svn\main\cxf\tools\wsdl2java\target\test-classes\org\apache\cxf\tools\common\resources\org\apache\hello_world_soap_http\Greeter.java:23:
package javax.jws does not exist
 import javax.jws.WebParam;

Wiping out my local repository did not help either. Is anyone else
seeing this?

Andrea.

Re: wsdl2java build error

Posted by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com>.
Thanks James - that did the trick.
I should have payed more attention to earlier mails on the same subject :(

Andrea.

Re: wsdl2java build error

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Monday 05 March 2007 21:07, James Mao wrote:
> I think you are right, i'll investigate this.
> But the thing is that previous it works fine, so i think the surefire or
> maven also introduced this problem in the latest version.
> Maybe we can also fire an issue for them.

I figured it out.   It's definitely a problem with a LOT of our tests.
The surefire behavior did change, but within spec.

In a bunch of places, we're doing:
URL url = getClass().getResource("/blah");
File file = new File(url.getFile());

That is NOT guaranteed to work.   The URL returned from getResource() is
allowed to be URL encoded.   The new Surefire is encoding them.   I'm
changing all the tests to do the proper thing of:

URL url = getClass().getResource("/blah");
File file = new File(url.toURI());

Creating the File that way properly decodes and escape sequences and such.

Anyway, I'm tracking them all down and fixing them.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer