Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Wards <j....@sportnetwork.net> on 2002/09/02 11:03:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Ram Usage

Hi folks,

I have been getting increasingly concerend with apache 1.3 using so much RAM
per process. Before the weekend it was using about 20-25 meg per process now
it is using about 30 meg.....With a website that is getting about 100,000
pageviews a day and will proably do about 150,000 today if the server
doesn't run out of RAM this is rather worrying.

Should Apache be using this amount of RAM and is their any tools that I can
use to see what the heck is going on?

Cheers
John Wards
SportNetwork.net

Re: [users@httpd] Ram Usage

Posted by "i.t" <i....@ithum.de>.
> I have just restarted Apache (full not graceful) and the processes are
> still using about 30 Meg of ram. This was as soon as it restarted.
>
> Is their any tools available to see what is causing this?

you may start with server-status
set ExtendedStatus ON

looks like you're better off with a self-compiled server
--
_ ___
|  |  Irmund     Thum
|  |