Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com> on 2015/05/22 06:44:40 UTC

[VOTE] RC01 - Sample projects for tutorials (as ZIP file)

Hello,

I updated and extended the tutorial for simpel OData Read/Read Extended/Write Services with Olingo V4 (see section Tutorials on staging page: http://olingo.staging.apache.org/doc/odata4/ <http://olingo.staging.apache.org/doc/odata4/>).
For this I ill also uploaded the final projects in form of ZIP files.
According to the Apache Release process I understood that this ZIP file must contain the DEPENDENCIES, LICENCE and NOTES file.
Additional it must be signed.

I have signed (which was done through the key 15AB5637 in: http://keyserver.kjsl.org:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x15AB5637&op=vindex <http://keyserver.kjsl.org:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x15AB5637&op=vindex>)
and uploaded it to: http://people.apache.org/~mibo/olingo4/DemoServiceTutorials/ <http://people.apache.org/~mibo/olingo4/DemoServiceTutorials/> as RC01 versions.
If all is ok and the vote passes I will use them for official Apache Olingo Homepage (http://olingo.apache.org <http://olingo.apache.org/>).

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours (it will be closed on Monday 25/05/2015 on 8am CET) and passes if no vote is (-1).

[ ] +1 Use this sample project for tutorial
[ ] -1 Do not use this sample project because…

Best regards,
Michael

RE: [VOTE] RC01 - Sample projects for tutorials (as ZIP file)

Posted by "Kobler-Morris, Sven" <sv...@sap.com>.
Hi,

+1 from my side.

Thank and kind regards,
Sven

* PGP - S/MIME Signed by an unverified key: 22.05.2015 at 06:27:53

and uploaded it to: http://people.apache.org/~mibo/olingo4/DemoServiceTutorials/ as RC01 versions.
If all is ok and the vote passes I will use them for official Apache Olingo Homepage (http://olingo.apache.org).

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours (it will be closed on Monday 25/05/2015 on 8am CET) and passes if no vote is (-1).

[ ] +1 Use this sample project for tutorial
[ ] -1 Do not use this sample project because…

Best regards,
Michael
* D046871 <mi...@sap.com>>
* Issuer: SAP-AG - Unverified

RE: [VOTE] RC01 - Sample projects for tutorials (as ZIP file)

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
I have a related question to this, namely the status of the current
olingo-odata4/samples.

The current olingo-odata4/samples/client has not been updated for V4
and it is currently disabled.
For OLINGO-632, I needed a client sample to work against the server
sample in samples/server to test the OSGi setup for V4, so I updated
that client sample to use the V4 API to test the operations that the
server sample currently supports.

I don't know if I can create a jira ticket to request this updated
client (a normal standalone client) to be added to the repo so that I
can use that client to create its OSGi version. Let me know what I
should do.

Regards, aki

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 27/05/2015 08:45, Bolz, Michael wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Would it be ok for you if the current sample / tutorial ZIP files will
> be release without being in the projects git repo
> and afterwards I start a discussion on the mailing list about where
> future samples should be put (e.g. git) and how to release them?

Hi Michael,
such approach looks like a good way to move forward.

Regards.

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hi Francesco,

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hi Francesco,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hi Francesco,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hi Francesco,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

[RESULT][VOTE] RC01 - Sample projects for tutorials (as ZIP file)

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hi all,

the vote is finished and has passed with following result:

 "+1" votes:
Christian Amend
Michael Bolz
Sven Kobler-Morris

No "-1" vote.

Hence, I will upload the samples projects and publish the tutorials on the Olingo documentation site.

Best Regards,
Michael

PS: Discussion about release of samples as ZIP file will start in a separate mail.