Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2016/09/14 15:24:57 UTC

Informational Version (was Re: Things to do before the next release)

On 2016-09-14, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> * decide on the version. I propose to use 2.0.6.0 for the next release
>   for all artifacts and try getting the "informational version" right -
>   this is Dominik's second proposal in https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/42a97e0190fde4d5c54700965624c35158569b85cba48facea5ed70f@%3Clog4net-dev.logging.apache.org%3E

Unfortunately I Can't do this via assembly attributes:

[csc] error CS1607: Warning as Error: Assembly generation -- The version '1.2.15.0-.NET 3.5' specified for the 'product version' is not in the normal 'major.minor.build.revision' format

unless we suppress the warning, that is.

Stefan

Re: Informational Version (was Re: Things to do before the next release)

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Misread, sorry.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
This is me setting the AssemblyInformationalVersionAttribute, I didn't
touch the AssemblyVersionAttribute at all.

See the note at the bottom of
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/51ket42z(v=vs.110).aspx

,----
`----