Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net> on 2006/03/22 21:27:18 UTC

Re: behaviour: display the last visited page on folder request (PortalSiteSessionContextImpl)

Here is one concrete example:

Say a portal site is arranged with a two tier set of folders/pages with
each tier associated with a separate rows of tabs. So, the top tabs are
associated with folders. The lower tabs, when present, are associated
with pages in the folders.

After lower tabs are used to pick a page, that page should be "sticky"
for that selected top level tab/folder. When ever the top level tab is
used to reselect the top level folder, the same lower tab/page should be
selected: not necessarily the default tab/page. The history mechanism
makes this type of tab memory work.

HTH,

Randy