Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Travis CI <no...@travis-ci.org> on 2013/04/10 21:41:56 UTC

[Errored] apache/jackrabbit-oak#1202 (trunk - 3e36049)

Build Update for apache/jackrabbit-oak
-------------------------------------

Build: #1202

Duration: 34 minutes and 17 seconds
Commit: 3e36049 (trunk)
Author: Angela Schreiber
Message: OAK-527: permissions (WIP: include permission related tests)

git-svn-id: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/trunk@1466626 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68

View the changeset: https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/compare/691a3aefaa41...3e3604917977

View the full build log and details: https://travis-ci.org/apache/jackrabbit-oak/builds/6227145

--

You can configure recipients for build notifications in your .travis.yml file. See http://about.travis-ci.org/docs/user/build-configuration

Re: [Errored] apache/jackrabbit-oak#1202 (trunk - 3e36049)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like the Travis build is timing out in
> org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.run.BasicServerTest. I'll look into that.

Fixed in revision 1466813. The OakServlet class got into an infinite
loop when it didn't have read access to the root node.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [Errored] apache/jackrabbit-oak#1202 (trunk - 3e36049)

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
the trunk doesn't currently compile, so I think so :)

alex

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
I disagree with this decision.

For one you get a sense of what the trunk looks like now - an errored state
needs to be fixed either by marking a test as ignored or reverting your
changes until everything looks good again.
A second point is you could hide other problems that happen during this
accepted downtime, not everybody is working on this known issue, other
failures can be introduced in the meantime.

To illustrate the second point see our current build failure, which is
assumed to be about the permissiong WIP when in fact it is not:

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR]
/home/travis/build/apache/jackrabbit-oak/oak-it/mk/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/mk/test/BasongoMicroKernelFixture.java:[21,41]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class MongoConnection
location: package org.apache.jackrabbit.mongomk.impl
[ERROR]
/home/travis/build/apache/jackrabbit-oak/oak-it/mk/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/mk/test/BasongoMicroKernelFixture.java:[40,12]
cannot find symbol

best,
alex

Posted by Thomas Mueller <mu...@adobe.com>.
Hi Jukka,

>Meanwhile I adjusted the build configuration to only notify oak-dev@
>when the build status changes from success to failure or vice versa,
>instead of flooding us with failure notifications for each failing
>commit.

That's great, thanks a lot Jukka!

Regards,
Thomas

Re: [Errored] apache/jackrabbit-oak#1202 (trunk - 3e36049)