Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ivan Baktsheev <do...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/18 00:51:34 UTC

blackberry os 10 issues

hi everyone.

deployment for blackberry10 is broken in many places.

1) main issue with blackberry is "blackberry" object in javascript not populated. i need to use "blackberry.invoke" in my plugin, but adding those features doesn't work:
<feature id="blackberry.invoke" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" />
<feature id="blackberry.invoke.card" />

please tell me how to use it.

2) second issue is with persistent storage. when i trying to reach file, located in persistent storage, i've got wrong url.
this is a gist for problem demonstration: https://gist.github.com/apla/6258386
on ios and android this gist gives me alert, but not on a blackberry.

this can be an api restriction or a bug.

another issues:

3) www/config.xml:
3.1) platform/blackberry10/www/config.xml must be cleared from <icon platform="!blackberry"/> because packager goes mad with so many icons with unknown sizes (minor, because it doesn't affect package build)
3.2) config.xml template must contains actual configurations for blackberry (icon size 114x114)
3.3) <gap:splash> is not renamed to <rim:splash> in "platform/blackberry10/www/config.xml" after running `cordova prepare blackberry`
3.4) <preference name="orientation" value="portrait" /> not converted to
<feature id="blackberry.app">
	<param name="orientation" value="portrait" />
</feature>
in resulting config.xml file (probably https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4563)
3.5) rim xmlns must be added
3.6) error if <content src="index.html"/> omitted (probably https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4570)

so, i was patched cordova-cli to make 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 works. please review my pull request.

4) cordova-cli:

version 3.0.4 copies config.xml from template over actual one and make unusable build.
probably someone need to release newer cordova-cli version for blackberry builds (at least after commit 83a042a75ab83370b74a5413a2721cceb08e6399)

Re: blackberry os 10 issues

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.
Once the plugin is installed, you should have access to the blackberry
namespace:

https://github.com/blackberry/cordova-blackberry-plugins/blob/master/plugin/com.blackberry.invoke.card/plugin.xml#L22-L24

I'll respond to the other issue you had directly on github. You likely need
to add some encoding to the data property.

Re: blackberry os 10 issues

Posted by Ivan Baktsheev <ow...@apla.me>.
hi,

Re: blackberry os 10 issues