Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/07/21 07:06:11 UTC

interesting use of const

>From util.c:

API_EXPORT(void) chdir_file(const char *file) {
    int i;

    if((i = rind(file,'/')) == -1)
        return;
    ((char *)file)[i] = '\0';
    chdir(file);
    ((char *)file)[i] = '/';
}

Yeah, that's const alright.  Not.

I'm working on cleaning up "gcc -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual
-Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs" output ;)  Well,
cleaning up what really needs cleaning.  There are some potential
portability and human-error problems that this picks out.  I had a few
more -Ws in there, but some of it's really hopeless.

Dean

Re: interesting use of const

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> >From util.c:
>
> API_EXPORT(void) chdir_file(const char *file) {
>     int i;
>
>     if((i = rind(file,'/')) == -1)
>         return;
>     ((char *)file)[i] = '\0';
>     chdir(file);
>     ((char *)file)[i] = '/';
> }
>
> Yeah, that's const alright.  Not.

Well, the overall effect is const, but...

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
ben@algroup.co.uk