Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by tom yin <ec...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/22 21:17:07 UTC

Updated description Re: detailed descrption for cookies problem in HttpClient.Thanks.

Hey, guys,

I have updated the problem description on my website [ http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~cyin/httpClient/letter.html ], and now you can access the debugging info [case II--> 2) -->debugging info], testing results from proxomitron on both IE and HttpClient [case II --> 3)].

If you check the debugging info carefully, you will find the link2 can be accessed successfully. Also when the link3 is accessed, it will be redirected to an error page, https://lb32.resources.hewitt.com/sg1dgp9/tbiappt300/TbiaStatelessErrorPage , which is not the login page I need.

Thanks for your time.

Tom

tom yin <ec...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi, guys,

I am doing a intelligent spider projects, and trying to grab data from sites automatically. I don't know HttpClient a lot, but now I have collected data successfully from various websites with the help of you guys. (Oleg has helped me to solved a difficult problem yesterday. Thank Oleg.)

I have sent a couple of messages to ask a problem I found when I try to access the login page of http://resources.hewitt.com/jpmc/ . This website is different from otheres, because it is very sensitive, so I think it may have some mechanism I don't know. I hope everybody also can learn something from this. Please allow me to describe the problem in details. I've posted it on my website for better look [ http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~cyin/httpClient/letter.html ].

Thanks a lot.

Tom

Re: Updated description Re: detailed descrption for cookies problem in HttpClient.Thanks.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Tom,

Having the IE wire dump it should not be that difficult. Just carefully
analyze the wire dump and try to emulate the request structure (protocol
version, request headers) as close as possible.

For instance, the referer header in the second POST may well be the
missing bit:

"Referer: http://resources.hewitt.com/jpmc/"

Besides, note the use of HTTP/1.0 on the part of IE. Configure
HttpClient to use HTTP/1.0 as well. I doubt it should matter, but just
in case.

Hope this helps

Oleg