Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Kapish Aggarwal <sc...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/31 22:34:09 UTC

Undeployment and App Removal

I have been working on implementing the ability to unregister and
undeploy SCA composites from Tuscany Java. After talking to Jim and
Jeremy, I wanted to start a discussion of design and implementation
issues and possibly get limited functionality working.

It seems to me that the first thing we should approach is implementing
the removal of a deployable unit from the runtime. The following
issues/conclusions seem like starting points:

-It seems as if we can narrow deployable units to instances of
CompositeComponent.

-register() and deploy() methods build the composite and adding the
app to the runtime's list. To go about removing, should we create
corresponding unregister() and undeploy() methods and literally undo
the adding process?

-Should the stop() method (inherited from LifeCycle) be called on the
application before it is removed from the runtime or can it be called
after it is removed?

-What should be used to identify a particular application to be
removed? For now, it seems as if the application name that it is
registered under should be sufficient as the only parameter needed to
identify the application.

Kapish