Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 18:04:46 UTC

maven parallel builds

Just throwing this out there.  We all know the maven build is slow.
It never donned on me until now that maybe maven would have a parallel
build option and it does [1].  I wouldn't recommend this for official
builds or jenkins jobs, but for developers use the parallel build
option.  Basically add '-T 1.5C'.  On my machine (which has 8 cores)
it was about twice as fast.

In general, the build process needs a lot of TLC, but that's for another day....

Darren

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Parallel+builds+in+Maven+3