Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 11:48:57 UTC

[compress] Code history in NOTICE

Hi,

The commons-compress NOTICE file currently contains the following entries:

    Original BZip2 classes contributed by Keiron Liddle
    <ke...@aftexsw.com>, Aftex Software to the Apache Ant project

    Original Tar classes from contributors of the Apache Ant project

    Original Zip classes from contributors of the Apache Ant project

    Original CPIO classes contributed by Markus Kuss and the jRPM project
    (jrpm.sourceforge.net)

Since these are included in the NOTICE file, section 4.d of ALv2
requires that all downstream projects include a readable copy of that
information. Is this something that we need to require, i.e. was this
a requirement of the original contributions? If not, I'd rather move
these notes to the README file.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [compress] Code history in NOTICE

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> I think the only requirement was to give credit ...somehow somewhere.

This is true for CPIO.

Re: [compress] Code history in NOTICE

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.