Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Marc DEXET <Ma...@dsi.cnrs.fr> on 2004/10/12 09:46:46 UTC

[Jelly] [post again] Can a Tag get his own namespace ?

Hi.
I post again a question, if somebody who have missed the question and have a
answer.
Sorry if there's no answer :)

Imagine I get a set of implementation library like
<jelly xmlns:lib1="jelly:mylib:impl1" xmlns:lib2="jelly:mylib:impl2">
	<lib1:createSomething/>
	<lib2:createSomething/>
</jelly>

Each library implements the same interfaces.
in "createSomething" I would call a static factory method depending on each
implementation.

public void doTag(XMLOutput output) throws
	MissingAttributeException, JellyTagException {
	String createSomethingUri = {something};
	TagLibrary lib = (TagLibrary)
	context.get(createSomethingUri);
	myObject = lib.getNewInstance();
}

But I dont find the {something} method to get the right uri.
How can I do ?
Thanks.
--
Marc DeXeT

RE: [Jelly] [post again] Can a Tag get his own namespace ?

Posted by Hans Gilde <hg...@earthlink.net>.
Marc,

You can use some combination of LocationAware and NamespaceAwareTag (yes,
inconsistent interface names). I haven't tried this personally, so please
let us know if it doesn't work. :)

LocationAware should give you the namespace-qualified tag name (which you
must parse to get the namespace). NamespaceAware gives you the
namespace-to-uri map for the current XML element.

Hans