Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by David Jones <dj...@ena.com.INVALID> on 2017/06/06 18:19:40 UTC

Next task - get the local masscheck running for uploaded corpora

Kevin,
I will get the disk space cleaned up soon if that is needed.  We have
tons of old data in /usr/local/spamassassin/backups that can be cleaned
up in a few months.  I have copied much of it to my local desktop to
help me search faster.

The next task you mentions is getting the local masscheck setup and
running on sa-vm1 which shouldn't be too difficult now that I know what
I know.

If you could write that email you mentioned about requesting more RAM
and cores on the VM, that would be good to get that started.  Right now
as I type this email the 'ruleqa.cgi -refresh' is running to update the
cache file which takes the load average to 60-80 with most of it being
in CPU user.

Since they built the VM with no swap space, we could use more RAM as
well or the OOM killer will start taking down daemons.

I would like to request an upgraded to either 4 or 8 virtual cores and
double the RAM to 8 GB.

--
Dave