Posted to user@uima.apache.org by digital paula <cy...@hotmail.com> on 2013/11/25 18:31:02 UTC

Regex Annotator: issue with exception rule using sentence matchType

Hello again UIMA Community,

I've set up exception rules in the regex annotator but it's not applying the exception to the sentence level.     Though the Regex Annotator guide uses uima.SentenceAnnotation I looked it up and see that SentenceAnnot (from the examples) contains the same code so that is not likely the issue.      Here's the rule I have w/exception: ------------------------------------
<rules> <rule regEx="comput[a-z]*" matchStrategy="matchAll" matchType="uima.tcas.DocumentAnnotation"><ruleExceptions>
<exception matchType="org.apache.uima.SentenceAnnot">semantic</exception>
</ruleExceptions>
</rule>
------------------------------------------------------ So whether I have text that contains 'computing' or 'semantic computing'  each time 'computing' is being annotated.    If I change the exception matchType to DocumentAnnotation it will work but at the document level so if I have a sentence that states 'computing' and the next one that states 'semantic computing' nothing gets annotated since it's at document level for exception.  I need it to work at the sentence level so for the text.   "computing is cool.  Semantic computing is cool and harder"  the computing in first sentence gets annotated and it's excluded in second sentence. Hope someone can assist.  Thanks.

Regards,
Paula