Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by se...@poczta.fm on 2006/02/23 10:26:32 UTC

Geronimo Web Interceptors, WebSSO with Authentication Proxy

Hi All,

I am looking for information about Geronimo%u2019s Web Container Interceptors. It is preferred for me to use Jetty but Tomcat is good as well.
I plan to integrate Geronimo with Authentication Proxy like WebSEAL from TAM. If you look at WAS concept, there is TAI mechanism which integrates Authentication Proxy with Application Server. Does Geronimo have something like TAI from WAS?

I thing it will be good to add my own interceptor or change the standard SecurityContextBeforeAfter one. Maybe, it will be enough to use my own Authenticator. What do you thing about it?

Ps
I tried to use Tomcat SSO (ValveGBean) but it does not work.

This is part of plan file:
    <gbean name="SecondValve" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.ValveGBean">
        <attribute name="className">my.own.SSOClass</attribute>
    </gbean>

Tomcat calls this SSOClass but it is before Geronimo loads Security Policy and when I add Credential to the request, it throws NullPointerException.
If someone is using this Tomcat SSO mechanism, any advices will be helpful for me.

Environment:
Linux RedHat 4 update 2
IBM JDK 1.4.8
Geronimo 1.0
Tivoli Access Manager 6
Tivoli Directory Server 6

best regards,
sebo

Jestes poszukiwana. Szuka Cie wysoki brunet!

RE: Geronimo Web Interceptors, WebSSO with Authentication Proxy

Posted by Nicholas Irving <ni...@darkedges.com>.
Does Geronimo support JACC?

If so then perhaps we could utilize that.
This document is for WebSphere 6 which I understand is a J2EE 1.4 container
the same as Geronimo.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdoc400/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.w
ebsphere.iseries.doc/info/ae/ae/csec_TAM_security.html

Looks like this subject has been approached before but from a different
angle

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.geronimo.user/1816

This one and the same, TAM = WEBSeal = Tivoli Access Manager. Crack one and
you have it all. Surely some of the IBM guys are working on this for their
version of WebSphere Community.

Nicholas Irving
nirving@darkedges.com

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.