Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Karianne Berg <ke...@start.no> on 2008/05/15 21:51:46 UTC

Internal error while retrieving nt:file node

Hello all,

I have a use case where I copy a subtree to a new location within the same workspace using Workspace.copy(..). This subtree contains nt:file nodes. When I try to access the file nodes in the "source" subtree afterwards, I get the "internal error" logger message in the bottom of this mail. The "destination" subtree is not throwing any errors.

However, this only happens in my production environment. I have written a test to try to expose the problem, but am unable to reproduce the bug. Since the only difference between my test environment and my production environment is the database, I tried to run the test up against my production environment to see if it was a Postgres bug, but to no avail.

My test environment uses the H2PersistenceManager, while my production environment uses the PostgreSQLPersistenceManager. I am not using the DataStore.

Can someone enlighten me on what might be the cause of this internal error? It's hard to debug this when I have no idea of what's going on.

Best regards,
Karianne Berg

ERROR [http-8080-4] (PropertyImpl.java:469) - Internal error while retrieving value of /dpg/presentations/inf100h08/resources/hibernatebook.jpg/jcr:content/jcr:data
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.BLOBInTempFile.getStream(BLOBInTempFile.java:145)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.InternalValue.toJCRValue(InternalValue.java:366)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.getValue(PropertyImpl.java:466)
	at no.uib.ii.dpg2.core.persistence.jcr.JcrResourceDao.getResource(JcrResourceDao.java:441)
	at no.uib.ii.dpg2.core.persistence.jcr.JcrResourceDao.getPresentationResourceById(JcrResourceDao.java:46)
	at no.uib.ii.dpg2.core.persistence.jcr.JcrResourceDao$$FastClassByCGLIB$$1dc5c8.invoke(<generated>)
	at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:695)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:166)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:630)
	at no.uib.ii.dpg2.core.persistence.jcr.JcrResourceDao$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$d2155ca4.getPresentationResourceById(<generated>)
	at no.uib.ii.dpg2.core.service.impl.ResourceServiceImpl.getPresentationFile(ResourceServiceImpl.java:33)
	at no.uib.ii.dpg2.core.controllers.PresentationResourceController.handle(PresentationResourceController.java:29)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractCommandController.handleRequestInternal(AbstractCommandController.java:84)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:857)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:792)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:475)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:430)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
	at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
	at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:166)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: Internal error while retrieving nt:file node

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

> JCR-1346 was fixed already in jackrabbit-core 1.4.1

Hm, I see the release notes of 1.4.1 - 1.4.3 are in the 'archive' section...

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Internal error while retrieving nt:file node

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Thomas Müller <th...@day.com> wrote:
> Could you try again with jackrabbit core 1.4.4? I just saw the release
> nodes are incomplete, the bugs
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1351
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1346
>
> are fixed but this is not in any release notes (was it fixed in 1.4.3?).

JCR-1346 was fixed already in jackrabbit-core 1.4.1 and JCR-1351 is a duplicate.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Internal error while retrieving nt:file node

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Karianne Berg <ke...@start.no>.
Hello Thomas,