Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Igor Stolyarov <ig...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/02 18:39:02 UTC

Re: Harmony build

2007/11/30, Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>:

> Igor,
>
> Tim did this for class library build as he mentioned here. So, now it is
> time to fix this in DRLVM build.

Pavel, I've had warning about deprecated API while build Classlib, it was
warning about using depracated ATOI function and one of the String
processing fuction.

Thanks,
Igor

Re: Harmony build

Posted by Rana Dasgupta <rd...@gmail.com>.
Not all the deprecation is due to the new secure apis in MSVC8. There is
some deprecation disabled by _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE for functions( mostly
string eg., stricmp() ) that are not part of standard C library, but in
POSIX. So all three defines are possibly needed to supress all warnings.

Just turning off the warnings is not the best solution, but I can't think of
a more portable approach.

Thanks,
Rana