Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "BARNEY,ROCKY (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <ro...@hp.com> on 2000/09/19 19:56:10 UTC

Xerces/Xalan use in an applet question

Hi,

	I am a developer with Hewlett-Packard and I'm writing a simple
applet that as part of its functionality reads input from XML files. If I
build my applet as an application or if I run the applet within
appletviewer, I find that the Xerxes/Xalan calls I make to parse an xml
document work just fine.

However, if I deploy the applet via a web page,
DOMParser.parse(url_to_xml_file) returns null.

	Details:
		1. I am using IE5 browser

		2. My applet uses Swing components and therefore loads via
the Java2 plugin. It works fine as long as I don't try to parse an XML
document.

		3. The xml document I'm pointing to lives on the server that
the html page and applet were served from.

	Any advice you have regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rocky