Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2014/07/03 14:19:45 UTC

Re: interviewing the commanders of couch

like the questions in general, and I also like the concept, I always love meeting people who are working on OS projects (even if just virtually).
Although the approach is a bit different, we're doing similar interviews / writings regularly at Hoodie (see http://blog.hood.ie/category/a-hoodie-for-you/ and http://blog.hood.ie/category/meet-the-hoodies/ ) and got nice feedback. – Maybe this helps if you need more inspiration for future interviews :)

side note on the probable headline: I'd suggest using an inclusive item like "people behind CouchDB", "the people working on CouchDB" or something similar. And, regarding inclusiveness, I'd also suggest replacing "guys" in line 50 with "folks" or "people". :)

Great work, Akshat!

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
> Lena: Did you record the interview? Or just made mental notes?

The interviews were all held by email, also the ones which then resulted in those extensive portraits (like with Ola and Sven). This keeps efforts low, and thus helps ensure the long-term doability of this concept :))

Posted by Akshat Jiwan Sharma <ak...@gmail.com>.
So I read ola's interview last night. Lena it was really well done. After
reading it though I noticed a big flaw in this interview which is:-

It's a chore :)

No really because there are a lot of subjective questions in there which
might make a good topic for conversation but will take too long to type.

So I think we need a better way to ask these questions.

I was wondering whether at meetups most of the people show up? If so would
it be possible to do an interview face to face. We might have a better
chance there.

What do you suggest?

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
Hi Akshat, Lena,