Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/08/30 16:40:01 UTC

[4.1.10] New test milestone released

A new test milestone of Tomcat 4.1 has just been released.

Downloads:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.10/

Significant changes over 4.1.9 Beta include:
- Jasper 2 bugfixes
- Catalina classloader bugfixes
- Stable versions of components from Jakarta Commons, including DBCP 1.0

The list of changes is available in the release notes.

Remy

possible bug

Posted by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com>.
I've encountered some behavior in tomcat 4.0.3 which might be a bug, but
I am not sure. I'm hoping some one else has seen this behavior before.
I looked at the servlet 2.3 spec and the section on requestdispatching
states:

SRV.8.2 Using a Request Dispatcher
To use a request dispatcher, a servlet calls either the include method
or forward
method of the RequestDispatcher interface. The parameters to these
methods can
be either the request and response arguments that were passed in via the
service
method of the Servlet interface, or instances of subclasses of the
request and
response wrapper classes that have been introduced for version 2.3 of
the
specification. In the latter case, the wrapper instances must wrap the
request or
response objects that the container passed into the service method.
The Container Provider must ensure that the dispatch of the request to a
target
servlet occurs in the same thread of the same VM as the original
request.

If I read this correctly, all rd.include & rd.forward have to pass the
either the request or response. The behavior I am seeing is when I use
JSTL <c:import> and the included class uses scriptlet to set cookies in
the response, it doesn't get set.

That leads me to think there's either two response objects, or somehow
the wrapper for the response isn't setting the response correctly. The
other possible cause is JSTL isn't getting the request and response
object correctly from pageContext.

Anyone have a clue?

peter lin

Re: [4.1.10] New test milestone released

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Not the lucky one...

I knew it was only a RC ;-) I suppose we'll also have a few more issues
to take care of.

> Something like:
>
> <logic:iterate id="sub" name="scope" property="associations">
>   <bean:write name="sub" property="value"/>
> </logic:iterate>">
>
> It'll fist generate a duplicated declaration ( once at top level,
> once at block level ) for _jspx_sub_1, and then look for a
> variable named 'sub' that is not declared.

Thanks for the test case.
(maybe we could add all your nasty tests in the tester)

Remy

Re: [4.1.10] New test milestone released

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Not the lucky one...

Something like:

<logic:iterate id="sub" name="scope" property="associations">
  <bean:write name="sub" property="value"/>
</logic:iterate>">

It'll fist generate a duplicated declaration ( once at top level,
once at block level ) for _jspx_sub_1, and then look for a
variable named 'sub' that is not declared.

Costin
( about to leave in vacation :-)

--
Costin

RE: Debugger Recommendations ??

Posted by Felipe Schnack <fe...@ritterdosreis.br>.
  If you don't need GUI development (like Delphi and VB) Eclipse is the
best, IMHO... it's not so heavy and bloated as Netbeans/Forte.

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 10:59, Andy Eastham wrote:
> Mark,
>
> No contest. Forte / Sun One Studio
>
> Best IDE I've ever used.
>
> Oh yes, it's free too...
>
> Andy

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
felipes@ritterdosreis.br
Cel.: (51)91287530
Linux Counter #281893

Faculdade Ritter dos Reis
www.ritterdosreis.br
felipes@ritterdosreis.br
Fone/Fax.: (51)32303328

Java Development Environment for Emacs - anybody tried it ???

Posted by Mark Hansen <kh...@yahoo.com>.
Has anybody worked with this tool for debugging Tomcat applications? ->
http://jdee.sunsite.dk/

If so, could you let me know what you think of it.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Debugger Recommendations ??

Posted by Eugene Zhuravlev <je...@intellij.com>.
> AFAIK you can't debug jsps (only the servlets that they generate) in the
> latest release - 2.6?

Well, you can't in 2.6 but can in 3.0 (which is in Early Access currenly but
will be released soon).
Tomcat 4.0.4 is supported and we are going to support Tomcat 4.1.10, but
discovered some problems with it's new Jasper implementation
(see my message in this list "Jasper-generated java files in Tomcat4.1.10")

BTW, does anybody know when JSR45 will be supported by Tomcat?

Best regards,
Eugene Zhuravlev
JetBrains, Inc, http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

Posted by Ben Rometsch <be...@solidstategroup.com>.
AFAIK you can't debug jsps (only the servlets that they generate) in the
latest release - 2.6?

Or has this changed? If you could, I'd leave Jbuilder...

> I use JBuilder 5 or 6 to debug Servlet locally.
> It works fine and very usefull.

---

RE: Debugger Recommendations ??

> I use JBuilder 5 or 6 to debug Servlet locally.
> It works fine and very usefull.

---

RE: Debugger Recommendations ??

Posted by Andy Eastham <an...@gliant.com>.