Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2012/12/12 14:00:20 UTC

Push for 2.4.4

We have just a handful of backports in STATUS, and most are
awaiting just a single additional +1 to be approved.

Let's push on clearing STATUS and getting a 2.4.4 out before
the Christmas holiday...

Re: Push for 2.4.4

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 12.12.2012 14:00, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> We have just a handful of backports in STATUS, and most are
> awaiting just a single additional +1 to be approved.
>
> Let's push on clearing STATUS and getting a 2.4.4 out before
> the Christmas holiday...

Test suite for 2.4 at least for my Solaris 10 build with reallyall
modules and recent APR 1.4.6 APU 1.5.1 currently looks not to bad.

Only one failure after fixing another broken test:

# Failed test 2 in t/security/CVE-2005-3352.t at line 18
t/security/CVE-2005-3352.t ..
1..2
ok 1
# testing : referer was escaped
# expected: (?^:\&quot)
# received: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
# <html><head>
# <title>Menu for /security/CVE-2005-3352.map</title>
# </head><body>
# <h1>Menu for /security/CVE-2005-3352.map</h1>
# <hr />
#
# <pre>(Default) <a
href="http://localhost:8529/security/%22%3ehttp://fish/">Go Back</a></pre>
#
#
# </body>
# </html>
not ok 2

The referer it sent was: ">http://fish/

It seems the test expected the '"' to get encoded as &quot; and instead
it received a percent encoding. Not sure whether the behavior or the
test is broken.

The change was introduced by r1418941 (trunk r1413732), where in this
specific case ap_escape_html() was replaced by ap_escape_uri().

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Push for 2.4.4

Posted by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com>.
I just tried to build for AIX and I am getting linker errors. Testing with
2.4.3, to verify that still works, and that is still looking good. If that
succeeds, I'll see if I can find what is wrong - looks to be SSL related
(and X509 iirc).

Re: Push for 2.4.4

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 12.12.2012 14:00, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> We have just a handful of backports in STATUS, and most are
> awaiting just a single additional +1 to be approved.
>
> Let's push on clearing STATUS and getting a 2.4.4 out before
> the Christmas holiday...

I'm all for it.

Rainer