Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2009/06/04 19:02:29 UTC

Re: Win32 as a production platform

Agree. I developed on a windows box for about 9months w/o any windows
specific issues being found. If someone were willing to do the work and
take on responsibility for long term dev/test/support I don't see why we
wouldn't add it.

Patrick

ps - notice that the dev level use of windows currently requires cygwin

Posted by Marc Frei <fr...@oberon.ch>.
Dear Mahadev, dear Patrick,

thank you very much for the quick replies.

Given your encouraging answers we will carry on with our project both on
Linux and Windows. Of course, we will be more than happy to contribute
back any experiences with Win32 as a production platform provided that
our project makes it that far... (We are still prototyping at the
moment.)

Thanks again for the responses and for maintaining such a great product,

Marc