Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ro...@xemaps.com on 2004/10/07 17:05:30 UTC

grab form bean was Re: form reset

Hey guys,

Thanks for the response on my first question.  Turns out I'm an idiot and was pre-filling a form element via the value parameter of a <html-el...> tag.

However this now leads to a second question.  How do I grab the form bean and the fields?  I'd like to print the value of a form field either on an error or success.

Searching the list, it looks like I can do something like this:
<jsp:useBean id="myform" class="package.class" scope="session"/>
<c:out value="${myform.myField}"/>

Trying this in my app doesn't seem to work... any clues?

I have my <action... > setup with scope "session" and my forward "success" with a redirect of "false".