Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by David Gersh <db...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/01 20:10:57 UTC

Failure To Start 4.0.1 Server

I've built Oozie but am having some issues getting it to start. I'm sure
I'm doing something wrong so just looking for some help. I tried both 4.0.0
and 4.0.1 and had the issue with both.

When trying to start the server using

./bin/oozied.sh run I am getting the following error:

Apr 1, 2014 12:26:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext filterStart
SEVERE: Exception starting filter authenticationfilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/security/authentication/server/AuthenticationFilter
org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.server.AuthenticationFilter
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1680)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
        ... 35 more
Apr 1, 2014 1:06:05 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext filterStart
SEVERE: Exception starting filter authenticationfilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/hadoop/security/authentication/server/AuthenticationFilter

Anyone have a suggestion?

Also, I noticed that to get 4.0.1 I had to increase the memory allocated to
Maven whereas for 4.0.0 I did not.

Tried with a set of hadoop 0.20.0 jars and with a set of the 1.1.1
hadooplibs jars which are packaged with the distro.

-David

Re: Failure To Start 4.0.1 Server

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

I just downloaded the 4.0.1 release and tried with the 1.1.1 hadooplibs
jars and it worked properly for me.  In Hadoop 1.1.1, AuthenticationFilter
is in the haodop-core jar; can you double check that you copied it to the
libext directory and ran bin/oozie-setup.sh prepare-war?

Also, I noticed that to get 4.0.1 I had to increase the memory allocated to
> Maven whereas for 4.0.0 I did not.

That's fine; I've actually had to do that since Oozie 3.x.

- Robert