Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Suresh Srinivas <su...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/12/01 01:56:55 UTC

Description of HDFS metrics

I have updated the metrics twiki that I got from Konstantin http://twiki.corp.yahoo.com/view/Grid/ClusterMetrics.

I added the new metrics that is missing from the page. For some of the metrics I have added detailed description of when they are incremented and other useful information.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Regards,
Suresh

Re: Description of HDFS metrics

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Any chance this could make it to the public wiki, or even better in the docs
in the code?

-Todd

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.
Hey Suresh,

If these are HDFS metrics, it sure would be interesting to post this to an outside-readable wiki.

Thanks!

Brian

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Nov 30, 2009, at 5:02 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> How do we see it?
>
> :)

Not sure, but I did and they sure look good! ;-)

On a more serious note... Suresh please open a jira to add forrest
docs for the same. *smile*

Arun

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.
How do we see it?