Posted to user@beam.apache.org by "Jiayue Zhang (Bravo)" <mz...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/23 17:47:37 UTC

Support for Python Spark runner

Hi,

From Beam website and some search, I have the impression that Beam Python
SDK with Spark runner is not supported. Is that correct? Sorry that this
question probably has been asked before but I'm new to the community and
want to confirm with latest status. If so, what's the timeline to support
it and where can I track the progress(maybe there's a jira issue)?

Thanks,

Re: Support for Python Spark runner

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Hi,

That's correct. The Python SDK needs the portability framework which
still has to be implemented in the Spark Runner.

https://beam.apache.org/contribute/portability/

Best,
Max