Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Baptiste Gaillard <b_...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/29 12:20:06 UTC

Problem in the documentation ?

Hi,

I am creating CAS Pools manually for my application using the following constructor:

public CasPool(int aNumInstances, Collection aComponentDescriptionsOrMetaData, Properties aPerformanceTuningSettings, ResourceManager aResourceManager) throws ResourceInitializationException;

I think there is a small problem in the Java Doc of this constructor for the parameter 'aComponentDescriptionsOrMetaData'.

   * @ param aComponentDescriptionsOrMetaData
   *          a collection of {@link AnalysisEngineDescription},
   *          {@link CollectionReaderDescription}, {@link CasConsumerDescription}, or
   *          {@link ProcessingResourceMetaData} objects.

This says that the parameter can be an {@link AnalysisEngineDescription}, {@link CollectionReaderDescription}, {@link CasConsumerDescription} or {@link ProcessingResourceMetaData} but I think it can only be of type {@link ProcessingResourceMetaData}.

This is because the CasPool constructor calls (indirectly) the 'CasDefinition(Collection aMetaDataToMerge, ResourceManager aResourceManager)' constructor which takes a collection of {@link ProcessingResourceMetaData} and cannot have {@link AnalysisEngineDescription}, {@link CollectionReaderDescription}, {@link CasConsumerDescription} types inside this collection.

I think the 'CasDefinition(Collection aMetaDataToMerge, ResourceManager aResourceManager)' constructor should be documented and the Java Doc of CasPool constructor corrected.

Am I right with this Java Doc problem ?

Thanks,

Baptiste

Nouveau Windows 7 : Trouvez le PC qui vous convient. En savoir plus.
http://clk.atdmt.com/FRM/go/181574580/direct/01/

RE: Problem in the documentation ?

Posted by Baptiste Gaillard <b_...@hotmail.com>.
Ok, I didn't checked JIRA, sorry.