Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Laxmi Narayan NIT DGP <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/03 06:55:11 UTC

adding more partition

Hi,

Does adding more partitions to kafka will help in scaling ?

*Regards,*
*Laxmi Narayan Patel*
*MCA NIT Durgapur (2011-2014)*
*Mob:-    9741292048,8345847473    *

RE: adding more partition

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.
Kafka persists messages to disk (would be SSD if that is what you have).  However,  if you have a large enough memory and are pulling off messages quickly, then the receivers will likely get the messages directly from memory and the write to disk will happen asynchronously in the background.    Because Kafka does not wait for the OS to sync to disk before acknowledging receipt you can get data loss which is why Kafka also has the concept of having backup partitions.

-Dave

Posted by Laxmi Narayan NIT DGP <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: adding more partition

Posted by Kunal Gupta <ku...@cube26.com>.