Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ad...@mac.com on 2004/01/21 21:02:55 UTC

Trying to install Apache::Request - a Linux n00b

Running RH9, I have apache 1.3 (latest version that's not 2) and
mod_perl 1.29 installed, both successfully, as far as I can tell

I'm trying to install Apache::Request for Bricolage, I couldn't find it
on the perl website, so I did a search for it. Which turned up the
libapreq package, that includes Apache::Request. But when I try to perl
Makefile.PL, it says I don't have mod_perl installed, on the basis that
it can't locate mod_perl.pm. A file (as far as locate mod_perl.pm's
concerned) that's only located in the original source folders for
mod_perl.

I've successfully installed other perl packages.

Adam, Linux n00b

Re: Trying to install Apache::Request - a Linux n00b

Posted by Ad...@mac.com.
>> Running RH9, I have apache 1.3 (latest version that's not 2) and
>> mod_perl 1.29 installed, both successfully, as far as I can tell
>
> Compiled from source by you?

Yup, compiled using the instructions shown here:
http://www.bricolage.cc/docs/Bric/Admin.html#apache/perl_(mod_perl) .

>> I'm trying to install Apache::Request for Bricolage, I couldn't find
>> it
>> on the perl website, so I did a search for it. Which turned up the
>> libapreq package, that includes Apache::Request. But when I try to
>> perl
>> Makefile.PL, it says I don't have mod_perl installed, on the basis
>> that
>> it can't locate mod_perl.pm.
>
> What version of libapreq are you trying?

I tried both 1.0 and 1.3, same result.

> - Perrin

Adam

"There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat lived a million lives,
died a million deaths, and was revived a million times, he was owned by
many different people he didn't really care for. This cat wasn't afraid
to die. Then, one day this cat became a stray cat, and he met a white,
female cat, they fell in love and the two of them spent their days
together happily. Well, years passed, and the white cat grew weak and
died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times, then he
died, except this time, he didn't come back to life." - Spike Spiegel.

"Open mouth, insert foot." - Jet.

Both from Cowboy Bebop.

Re: Trying to install Apache::Request - a Linux n00b

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.