Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/10/01 22:43:42 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/fortress/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/fortress/con tainer/commands CheckTypeInfoCommand.java DisposeComponentHandlerCommand.java InitializeComponentHandlerComm

Jason van Zyl wrote:

>>>In many places we pretty much use the entire package.  It is simpler/
>>>shorter just to import the whole package.  In most cases it is only done
>>>with Framework classes.
>>
>>Siplicity is not allways the best way for people to study code. Excplicit
>>imports clearly state which class belongs to which package.
>

> +1
>
> Glob imports are evil and make code really hard to navigate.

:/  Ok.  Well, now that I have a really nice IDE that takes care of
import statements for me, its no real biggy anymore.  When I had a
glorified text editor it was a real pain.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>>:/  Ok.  Well, now that I have a really nice IDE that takes care of
>>import statements for me, its no real biggy anymore.  When I had a
>>glorified text editor it was a real pain.
>

> What's the name of your nice IDE today?

IntelliJ IDEA (Early Access Program)

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:

> >>Siplicity is not allways the best way for people to study code. Excplicit
> >>imports clearly state which class belongs to which package.
> >

> > +1
> >
> > Glob imports are evil and make code really hard to navigate.
>
> :/  Ok.  Well, now that I have a really nice IDE that takes care of
> import statements for me, its no real biggy anymore.  When I had a
> glorified text editor it was a real pain.

What's the name of your nice IDE today?

Giacomo