Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jtodd <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/29 21:07:05 UTC

Send message on startup

I'd like to send a message to an Active MQ topic when the Camel context
starts up. What the best way to accomplish this?

Re: Send message on startup

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You may consider to user the event component[1], if you are using Spring
to start the camel context.
Otherwise, you may need to add a hook to send the message out when stat
the camel context.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/event.html

Willem

Re: Send message on startup

Posted by DanD <DD...@UP.COM>.
You can also use a quartz scheduler component in camel.  It will run once
when the component is configured.

<route>
   <from uri="quartz://startup"/>
   <!-- create your message here -->
   <to uri="jms:queue:your-queue"/>
</route>

Re: Send message on startup

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM, jtodd <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to send a message to an Active MQ topic when the Camel context
> starts up. What the best way to accomplish this?
> --

You can also use the EventNotifier to have callbacks when Camel is started etc.

You configure this on the CamelContext.
http://camel.apache.org/advanced-configuration-of-camelcontext-using-spring.html

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer