Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Tom Anderson <ta...@infonow.com> on 2003/02/10 00:54:27 UTC

multiple session backups

I've been noticing that sessions are backed up over and over until they
are swapped out, even if they haven't been accessed since the first
backup.   This could put a pretty heavy burden on the database (or
file) store, especially if the checkInterval is low.

I put a "hack" into my version to check if "timeIdle < maxIdleBackup +
2*checkInterval" in addition to the "timeIdle > maxIdleBackup" check.
Now I realize this isn't a very good solution (what if the processing
time exceeds the checkInterval?), but it is better in my mind to not
back it up at all then to back it up over and over.

I suppose the ideal solution would involve saving off the last
persisted time (getLastPersistedTime()?) so that you could compare that
to getLastAccessedTime (assuming this method actually returned the time
of the last access which it doesn't).

What do you think?

~Tom