Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2016/12/27 20:27:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Planning for Apache Knox 0.12.0 Release

All -

As we are wrapping up the VOTE for 0.11.0, we should start to consider the
focus of the 0.12.0 release.

We already have a sizable collection of JIRAs assigned to 0.12.0, ~30
actually.
Nearly 10 already have patches available and are largely if not entirely
focused on the KIP-4 KnoxShell Improvements [1] space.

I propose that we make KIP-4 the driving focus of 0.12.0 with the continued
work on outstanding issues from previous releases and KIPs.

Additionally, there are some continued improvements that could be added to
the Admin UI such as surfacing some of the metrics work done in 0.10.0 and
perhaps gateway-site.xml config.

As for timing, I would like to suggest the end of January (31st) for now
and see what we can get done in that timeframe.

Thoughts?

thanks,

--larry

1.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KNOX/KIP-4+KnoxShell+Improvements

Re: [DISCUSS] Planning for Apache Knox 0.12.0 Release

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sumit -

Thanks for volunteering again!

I see that you have moved a number of issues out of 0.12.0 to bring the
scope back in line with the focus.
If anyone has issues that should be moved back in - please feel free to
raise a flag and ask for it to be brought back in.

If it can be completely done in the next week then we will try and
accommodate.

Mar 3rd is certainly reasonable but I think we should be able to close down
sooner as well.
We should try and target an rc by that time.

Thanks!

--larry

Posted by Sandeep More <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sumit Gupta <su...@hortonworks.com>.