Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2014/09/05 12:57:19 UTC

Re: How does "hot-depoly" works?

The hot-deploy folder is not an accurate description of what it
contains, so your confusion is understandable.

It is true you can drop your custom components in the hot-deploy folder
and OFBiz will recognize them and include them the next time it starts.

If you change or delete a hot-deploy component, the change will not be
recognized until OFBiz is restarted.

OFBiz does not support run-time reloading of components. There are too
many inter-dependencies to make a feature like that reliable.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com