Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Robert Landrum <rl...@capitoladvantage.com> on 2002/02/08 20:50:26 UTC

[OT] Opera Cookies

I've recently come across some interesting behavior with Opera on linux.

When I set a cookie using CGI::Cookie and Set-Cookie: headers, and
then perform a JavaScript redirect to another page, the cookie IS NOT
SET.  That doesn't mean that the Cookie: header wasn't returned from
the browser, I mean the cookie doesn't even seem to be present.
Opera even says that it's going to set it (after turning on "ask
about cookies" pref).

Taking away the JavaScript redirect fixed the missing cookie problem,
but still doesn't tell me why anything JavaScript related would have
an effect on an HTTP header.

The javascript looks like

<script>document.location = '$url';</script>

Has anyone had any troubles with Opera/Cookies/mod_perl?  Every other
browser seems to work just fine (Konqueror, Netscape, IE, Galleon).

Rob

--
When I used a Mac, they laughed because I had no command prompt. When
I used Linux, they laughed because I had no GUI.

Re: [OT] Opera Cookies

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kcilink.com>.

RL> I've recently come across some interesting behavior with Opera on linux.
RL> When I set a cookie using CGI::Cookie and Set-Cookie: headers, and
RL> then perform a JavaScript redirect to another page, the cookie IS NOT

In my experience, the javascript in Opera is not quite up to snuff.  I
have many sites I go to that get javascript errors or warnings and
massive malfunction.  I'm pretty sure it is opera specific since they
usually work ok with Konquerer (KDE browser).

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-240-453-8497
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/